Project 17

Guidance for individuals

This guidance is for people who are facing homelessness or do not have enough money to meet their basic needs, but cannot access mainstream welfare benefits or social housing.

This guide is intended to help you understand whether you can access support from local authorities if you have ‘no recourse to public funds’.

It is not a substitute for face to face advice. If you are trying to decide whether to request support from your local authority, we recommend that try to seek face to face advice.

If you are considering asking the local authority for help, it is very important that you read all of the guidance.

This guidance contains the following sections:


 Created by Bright Spark Digital ©